William George Carter began his business as a builder in Appleton, Oxfordshire, in February 1947.
From its earliest days, the business was a success and in 1955 the company W G Carter Limited was formally established.
Two generations on, W G Carter Limited has grown tremendously and it is still a family firm.
First, Peter Carter joined his father, eventually becoming head of the company. He retired in 1995 and today it is the grandsons of William George, Paul Carter and Roger Carter, who run this thriving business.
“We are very proud of the good reputation W G Carter Limited has gained over the years and we don’t take it for granted – we work hard to ensure we continue to deserve it!”